Systems Programming in C++
- Gain in-depth knowledge on modern C++ programming techniques and the C++ ecosystem
- Learn to write good C++
- Learn to implement large systems with C++
- Learn to write high-performance code with C++
PrerequisitesWe do not expect that you have any previous programming experience with either C or C++, but you should be familiar with a general-purpose programming language of your choice. Furthermore, you should be familiar with common algorithms and data structures, as well as computer architecture and operating systems. This is roughly equivalent to having attended the following lectures.
- Introduction to Informatics 1 (IN0001)
- Fundamentals of Programming (IN0002)
- Fundamentals of Algorithms and Data Structures (IN0007)
- Introduction to Computer Architecture (IN0004)
- Basic Principles: Operating Systems and System Software (IN0009)
- Operating Systems and Hardware oriented Programming for Games (IN0034)
- Pre-course meeting: Wednesday, January 29th 2020, 14:30h in HS2
- Register for the course through the matching platform
- Lecture: Tuesdays, 12:00h-14:00h in 02.11.018
- Tutorial: Fridays, 10:00h-12:00h in 02.11.018
- First lecture: Tuesday, April 21 2020
- Attendance is mandatory in both lectures and tutorials
- The practical course will be held in English
- Regular short written quizzes
- Weekly programming assignments during the semester
- Larger final project at the end of the semester
- Assignments and final project must be solved individually (no teamwork)
- C++ Reference Documentation
- Lippman, 2013. C++ Primer (5th edition).
- Stroustrup, 2013. The C++ Programming Language (4th edition).
- Meyers, 2015. Effective Modern C++. 42 Specific Ways to Improve Your Use of C++11 and C++14.
- Aho, Lam, Sethi & Ullman, 2007. Compilers. Principles, Techniques & Tools (2nd edition).
- Tanenbaum, 2006. Structured Computer Organization (5th edition).
Lecture Slides and Recordings
- 28.04.2020: Correct minimum width of int
- 08.05.2020: Correct unsigned overflow calculation
- 15.05.2020: Improved example for header guards
- 26.05.2020: Fixed small errors in a few code snippets
- 12.06.2020: Added missing static keyword for constexpr member variable
- 26.06.2020: Fixed syntax of uniform distribution
|Sheet||GitLab Repository||Due Date|