Ausgewählte Themen aus dem Bereich Datenbanken und Informationssysteme: Data Processing On Modern Hardware
This course covers how to efficiently process data on modern hardware. It focuses on:
- SIMD processing (AVX-512)
- efficient synchronization of data structures (lock-free, optimistic locks, hardware transactional memory)
- parallelizing data-intensive tasks on multi-core CPUs
- 5 ECTS
- The lectures are held in English.
- Lecture + Exercises: Monday, 1pm-4pm
- First lecture: October 22
- Room: 02.11.018
- There will be an exam (E) and graded homeworks (H). The overall grade will be computed as follows: min(E, E*0.6 + H*0.4). In addition, you have to achieve a 4.0 in the exam to pass the course. The exam might be oral (depending on the number of participants).
- systems programming experience in C/C++
- Bw-tree (by Andy Pavlo)
- Data Blocks
- Guest Lecture: Leveraging Modern Hardware in SAP HANA
- Distributed Query Processing with Slow Networks, Distributed Query Processing with Fast Networks