Datenbanksysteme und moderne CPU-Architekturen
- This lecture covers the implementation of database systems, including how to leverage modern hardware architectures.
- The lectures are held in English.
- In the Exercises for this lecture, you will have the chance to build a tiny database system from scratch.
Post-Exam Review / Klausureinsicht
The Post-Exam Review ("Klausureinsicht") is on Thursday, 30 July 2015, from 3:00pm on in 02.11.058 FMI. Important: To participate, you need to register by sending an email to Viktor Leis by Wednesday, 29 July 2015, 5:00pm. You will be assigned a time slot via email.
- Grundlagen der Informatik
- Grundlagen Datenbanksysteme (GDB) (IN0008)
- First Lecture: Tuesday, 14th April 2015
- Lecture + Exercises: 2pm-5pm
- Bonus: 75% required for the 0.3 grade bonus
- Room: 02.09.014 (seminar-room)
- Exam: The exam will be announced in TUMonline
- Access Paths
- Set-Oriented Processing
- Stefan Mandl (EXASOL): Query Processing in EXASolution
- Algebraic Operators
- Code Generation, Parallelism
- Main-Memory Databases
- Please read this page for some general notes on the programming assignments.
- You should work on exercises in teams of two students.
- There are two sets of homeworks: one for TUM Students and one for ENB Software Engineering Students
|TUM Students||ENB Software Engineering Students||Due Date||Resources||Comments|
|Assignment 1: External Sorting||Assignment 1: External Sorting||21 April 2015, 09:00am||Data generator download|
|Assignment 2: Buffer Manager||Assignment 2: Buffer Manager||05 May 2015, 09:00am||Buffer Manager Test download|
|Assignment 3: Schema + Slotted Pages||Assignment 3: Schema + Slotted Pages||19 May 2015, 09:00am||Slotted pages test skeleton, Record, Schema Parser, Schema Example|
|Assignment 4: B+Tree||Assignment 4: B+Tree||02 June 2015, 09:00am||B+Tree Test|
|Assignment 5: Operators||Assignment 5: Operators||23 June 2015, 09:00am|
|Assignment 6: Parallel Hash Join||Assignment 6: Parallel Hash Join||07 July 2015, 09:00am||Hash Join Skeleton
(updated lookup interface): hashjoinskeleton.cpp
|Optional Assignment 7: Code Generation||Optional Assignment 7: Code Generation||14 July 2015, 09:00am||Fibonacci Program: fibonacci.cpp Makefile|
- Theo Härder, Erhard Rahm. Datenbanksysteme: Konzepte und Techniken der Implementierung. Springer, Berlin; 2nd ed.
- Hector Garcia-Molina, Jeff Ullman, Jennifer Widom. Database Systems: The Complete Book
- D. E. Knuth. The Art of Computer Programming Volume III