Foundations in Data Engineering
Please contact us using: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lecture: Tuesdays, 4 - 6 p.m. & Thursdays, 4 - 6 p.m.
Start: November 3, 2020
- Tutorial Sessions: There are three sessions available which cover the same topics.
Please see the moodle course for details on how to enroll.
Start: week of November 9, 2020
- Moodle Course: If you cannot access the moodle course because you are not completely enrolled for your master yet, please mail Mr. Beischl using email@example.com.
Corona (COVID-19) Information
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you can attend this course entirely online; however, the exam will be held on-site at TUM.
The lecture will take place using recorded video lectures.
The recordings will be uploaded in the moodle course each Tuesday and Thursday.
If the infection rate decreases during the semester, we might be able to offer visiting the lecture on-site for a few students. However, the lecture will always be recorded and uploaded for those students that can't visit the on-site lecture. We will announce updates in Moodle.
The tutorial sessions will take place as online live sessions using the tool Big Blue Button. We offer three different time slots, all covering the same content. You can register for a slot via moodle during the first lecture week. After registration, we provide you a link to the tutorial session of your time slot. We will provide more information in the first lecture. Please always watch the lecture before participating in the tutorial session!
The exam will be held on-site (attendence in person required) at TUM and there will also be a retake exam. We will re-evaluate the situation in January since we can better estimate the COVID-19 development for February then.
- Basic Building Blocks
- Advanced SQL
- SQL Query Unnesting
- Distributed Data Processing
- No-SQL Databases
- Other Data Models
- Neo Join
- RDF Query Optimization
Please find all exercise sheets, discussion and further material on the moodle course.
- Anand Rajaraman, Jeffrey David Ullman Mining of Massive DatasetsCambridge University Press B31
- Maurice Herlihy, Nir Shavit The Art of Multiprocessor Programming Morgan Kaufmann, 2012.
- Garcia-Molina, Ullman, Widom Database Systems: The Complete Book Prentice Hall, 2000.
- Alfons Kemper, André Eickler Datenbanksysteme. Eine Einführung 10., aktualisierte und erweiterte Auflage, Oldenbourg Verlag, 2015.