Database System Concepts for Non-Computer Scientist
This course will be held in English!
- IN4714: Part of the modules BV470015 Geodatabases as well as BV300022 Spatial Databases and Visualization
- Extent: The lecture has 2 weekly hours per semester and gives 2 credits (ECTS).
- Database Design
- Relational Data Model
- Relational Query Language SQL
- Data Integrity
- Physisical Organization of the Data
- Query Execution
- Transaction Management
- (Main Memory Databases, NoSQL Data Bases, Data Warehouses, etc.)
- Always check TUM online for dates
- Lecture: 16:45-18:15 in 0790, Hörsaal (0507.EG.790) starting 16th Oct.
The exam will be a closed book exam.
There are three modules for which the database exam is used:
- Stand alone (IN4714) for 2 ECTS (40 minutes)
- In combination with Geodatabases (BV470015) for 3 ECTS (+20 minutes)
- In combination with Spatial Databases and Visualization (BV300022) for 6 ECTS (+80 minutes)
- Date and location: Friday March, 6th 2020 at 10:30 in (0501.01.180)
|Lecture Slides||Exercise Sheet||Solution|
|ER Model||Sheet 1||Solution 1|
|UML Model||Sheet 2||Solution 2|
|Relational Model||Sheet 3||Solution 3|
|SQL: DDL||Sheet 4||Solution 4|
|Relational Algebra||Sheet 5||Solution 5|
|SQL 1 - DRL||Sheet 6||Solution 6|
|SQL 2 - DRL||Sheet 7||Solution 7|
|SQL 3 - DML||Sheet 8, Sheet 9||Solution 8, Solution 9|
|Storage and Indexing||Sheet 10, Sheet 10||Solution 10|